Sunday, January 6, 2008

Slacker...

My 'Charlie Brown' Christmas Tree:
I was informed by my family that I was a slacker. I have not posted since November...wow I can't believe it has been that long. After Thanksgiving I went into Christmas mode and had pounds of candy and goodies to make. I was going to take a picture of it all, but didn't get the chance. I weighed out the peanut brittle (12lbs) and made 8 batches of baklava, 4 batches of gingersnaps, chocolate covered peanuts, but left out the almond roca (sorry Toni I'll make you some next year).

After Christmas and a wonderful visit with Mike, Toni and their kids, we headed out in a snowstorm to San Francisco to watch Oregon State play in the Emerald Bowl. The Beavs won, we had a great time in SF despite me getting sick and a dead battery in the parking garage (we are now members of AAA). I am still recovering from this terrible cold which has now settled in my chest and head.


We made it back home in record time, with no snow to speak of and no excitement except for the near-head-on-collision just 1/2 a mile from Malin! I am so thankful Pat was driving, I was paying attention to the semi truck who did not have their lights on....Pat saw the car pulling out to pass...about 30 yards in front of us!

I also need to see in the people at Diabetes365 will let me back in....I have slacked there as well...ooops!

2 comments:

Toni said...

I forgive you Tonyia!

Tonyia said...

Thanks Toni~ I appreciate your understanding :)

 
Template by suckmylolly.com