Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Driving


Usually the city does a pretty good job of keeping up with the snow on the roads.  This year there must not have been enough money in the budget.  The roads downtown were terrible, with ice ruts that were at least 5 inches deep and snow berms in the middle of the road 3-4 FEET high.

Driving while taking pictures...
Last week I got caught in one of those ice ruts, my car rides pretty low and was rubbing bottom so I tried to climb up on top of the rut.  But instead of catching and STAYING on top...I lost traction and spun down the road sideways finally landing, high centered on the sidewalk in front of someones house.  

Thankfully, I was only about 1 block from home and Pat had not left for work yet.  He came and dug me out while I took the boys to school.  That day the city plows were out in force trying to clean up the roads.  But alas, we had more snow yesterday.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com