Saturday, March 29, 2008

Down Hill From Here...

It seems that after Spring Break school just flies by. It was really nice to stay home and not have an agenda, though we all did wish for warmer weather and have been teased with the full spectrum here: Rain, Snow and Sunshine. The bulbs are trying to bloom but it really is too cold still. I have some bulbs popping up through my newly laid rock which reminds me that we can grow even in the most difficult of times.


We met with Morgan's diabetes doctor over break and found out that the latest A1C was 8.4%...Ouch. That is the highest it has been since diagnosis. I like to see it around 7%. I knew that it was going to be higher as we just had a heck of a time with glucoses playing basketball this year and being in a major growth spurt. Morgan is now about 6'2", but only weighs in at 150lbs and has actually lost a couple of pounds. We also found out that the hospital has closed down the local Diabetes education program. I have been trying to work with the ADA on becoming a family mentor, but they just do not seem to be very organized, either that or they don't want me on their team. This is a sensitive subject for me as when Morgan was diagnosed we got absolutely no education, except what my wonderful SIL Toni gave us over the phone, and what I dug up on the internet. I was hoping that this would be a way for me to help those who are struggling with a new diagnosis.

I have also been spending too darn much time planning this kitchen remodel. I have called contractors, but they don't seem to be too interested in such a 'small' project as they don't return phone calls.


The boys and I also added to the stairs in the garage. Pat has been telling me that he wanted to make the stairs bigger, but just didn't have the time. Yesterday the boys and I dug out the tools and lumber and went to work. It was great! Both boys are taking woodshop this semester and are able to measure, use a tri-square and even use the saw (with supervision). They loved it and it was great to surprise Pat when he got home with a 'new' addition.

3 comments:

meanderings said...

Stairs look good - can they do the kitchen?

Tonyia said...

You know they probably could...it is the plumbing and electrical that I would be worried about!

Toni said...

Looks great, and I'm sure they can do the design you have posted. I bet you can do the plumbing and electrical!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com