Sunday, August 17, 2008

One Last Hurrah

The boys and I made one last summer hurrah and traveled to Sunriver to visit with Mame, Mike & Toni and their family.  Even though we just returned from seeing them in July, it is always good to see family.
Mame enjoying some down time with the girls.

Mame and some of her grand kids.  Kellen doesn't look too excited, but Kaia looks like a lounge lizard!


Kellen & Morgan had a tough time saying goodbyes!

We returned on Thursday and bright and early Friday morning my contractors made an appearance.  They proceeded to make a big mess, which I have been told is a sign of progress.  They took out one large window, framed it in for the new cabinetry; framed in a wall for my new laundry room and tore out what was remaining of my old laundry closet. 
Window all framed in.

Current/old kitchen will become my new laundry room.

The one glitch that was giving me concern was the possibility of my old laundry closet being a load bearing wall.  From all appearances, it didn't look like one, but I just had a gut feeling so I never completely removed it.  Well, it turns out that my guts were right.  I wasn't here when they tore out the remaining posts and ceiling, but I was here to see the mess and clean up blown in insulation.  It is bearing, so we will have to make some modifications in the attic.  But I am assured that it is no big deal and they will be here Monday to keep at it. 

Morgan has also decided to run cross country for KUHS this year.  It should be interesting as he hasn't ran XC since his diagnosis 3 years ago.  It is also that time again when I must sit down with teachers and coaches and get his 504 plan and diabetes plan in place.  Where did the summer go?

2 comments:

Toni said...

Wow, progress! Now let's wait and see how long it takes to put it back together:)

Wow, Morgan must have enjoyed running with Mike and Kellen more than he let on! When does that start up?

Tonyia said...

They gave me a timeline of about 2 weeks. Really, it shouldn't take too long. We are just waiting on the electrician, who should be here on Wed. Once the electrical is finished they can close it up and start the drywall.

I don't know what made Morgan change his mind. They started daily doubles today and he is still working about 4 hours in the morning/afternoon. He should be really wiped out tonight!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com